Friday, July 3, 2009

Behind the Blacktusk Manor

Behind the Blacktusk Manor
There lives a knotted tree
Beneath which is buried
The gold of the Confederacy
in old Savannah

Come with me, let us go
You will see, how we'll be
For the Peach Princess
With the white snake
Has told me so
Under the green lights
in old Savannah

I bought a light, I found a pearl
In my heart, a dusky hue
I stood on top a soapbox yelling
No one heard me but you
Maybe twas an opalescent glint
From sparks flying across a flint
Maybe twas destiny calling
through synchronicity falling
intersecting our paths
Now merging together
like the caduceus
alternation of polarity
back and forth
up and down
fused welded white hot
the double helix is no longer
A private matter

I sacrificed all to rendezvous
There is no turning back
I'm through
But I wonder, for you
Will you finish the game?

Are you glad of the journey?
Did you make a wrong turn?
Were you fooled into believing
a devil's yarn rolling to the edge?
the question in your eyes
the nature of inspiration
on my lips, smooth-moving

John Rebel sings a dirge
through the blood of a dark day
And the love he has is not
Only for Spring, just for May
Eternity beats in his heart
Exercised by miles of tedious revolution
cycling towards the core
Immortal desire to continue

Look towards the horizon
Where the electromagnetic frontier
Blends to an ultraviolet haze
There's a kernel in the maze,
A shiny target that reads:
I HAVE ANOTHER IDEA

this time, this time, I tell you
it's the best one yet
we're going all the way
Yes, yes, just wait and see
I HAVE ANOTHER IDEA
Oh, you'll never believe how
it just came to me now
out of the bright blue, you know
An eagle, a hailstone, a bouncing ball
A messiah, a possibility,
a molecule of oxygen nuclear
I HAVE ANOTHER IDEA

The door opens, a slit of light
I raise my head, a split second sight
The right place, the right time
Eye of eye, ear of ear
just in the nick to witness there
A shining lock of your golden hair
I HAVE ANOTHER IDEA

And on the other side
There is another ride
In old Savannah
In old Savannah

No comments:

Post a Comment